about     shop     contact         

Sunday, March 17, 2013

DIY denim shirt & maxi skirt

The completed look!
Step 1: Over sized shirt. Measure the amount to take in on sleeve & shirt
Step two: button up shirt, turn inside out
Step 3: measure along sleeve & length side of shirt
Step 4: mark measurements along sleeve & shirt


Step 5: stitch along markings
BEFORE!

Step 1: mark how high you want slit on let. Turn skirt inside out
Step 2: mark skirt with T

Step 3: make marking down skirt, this will make sure the slit is symmetrical
Step 4: fold skirt along line, right sides together. On the side of skirt make 1/2 of an arch
Step 5: cut along lines. I used a rotary cutter to make a perfect cut.

These two projects have been sitting in a pile with the rest of my DIY projects.  Last night I decided to finish these two items.  Both took about 45 minutes to complete.  The denim shirt is one of my favorite, but the sleeves and sides really needed to be fixed. I love the way it turned out.  I'd recommend doing this to all shirts that are over-sized.  They will quickly become your favorite. The maxi skirt is going to be a great addition to any closet. I typically wear mine around the house or running around SF.  I decided the maxi needed a facelift.  A friend and I were talking about how maxi skirts can make you look frumpy, especially if you're on the shorter side.  So I decided to transform my boring maxi to a sexy Angelina skirt. 

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia