about     shop     contact         

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Layering in the Winter with Everyday Pieces from Your Closet



 My wardrobe for the next few weeks will look something similar to today's outfit. This winter I've learned a lot about layer, what works and what doesn't. Most of my style inspirations comes from Olivia Palermo. She's an expert at layering. What's I've noticed with her outfits is that she puts riches pieces together with staple piece from her wardrobe. She includes fur, vests and accessories to add to a layer look. In today's outfit I wore a few of my favorite fur pieces that added an element of excitement to an otherwise simple outfit. 

I'm wearing a long black ans white shirt underneath the fur vest. This shirt is a few years old and I typically wear it to work. The vest is one of my favorite pieces this year. I threw that on over the long sleeve shirt and put on a gold belt. My leggings are cropped leggings, that looked great with my cognac booties. I then added a few nude accessories. My hat, gloves and bag to add a little more flare to the outfit. 

Coat :: Guess (similar save & splurge)
Fur Vest :: Zara (similar save & splurge)
Shirt :: The Limited (similar here)
Boots :: Coach (love these here & here)
Bag :: Mango
Sunnies :: Fendi  

 photo instagram.png photo bloglovin.png photo mail.png photo facebook.png photo twitter.png photo pinterest.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia